Tim Riley from Life of Riles tagged me today. These are interesting questions which I'll attempt to answer succinctly.
1) If you have pets, do you see them as animals, or are they members of the family?
Members of the family. We had a dog that was attacked by two pit bulls, a breed that scares me to death. I went between them and kicked the attackers even though I would not have thought I'd be brave enough to do something like that. That situation showed me my protective instincts would kick in with our four-legged family member when a situation demanded it.
2) If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?
I would be wise and calm and motivated by compassion.
3) What is the one thing most hated by you?
How easily people get offended or outraged about something and start treating the other side as if those people were not only stupid but immoral.
4) What would you do with a billion dollars?
Like Tim, I would like to make sure those I love have a secure future. Then the rest would be managed wisely by the best money manager so that the money can go the farthest in helping out worthy causes.
5) What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Doing something I hate doing so that at the end of that, I'll feel better. Bach string music. Hugs. Chocolates are good too.
6) Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
This is a tough one. I'd like to say it's more blessed to love but when I am reminded of how much I'm loved, it's an unbelievable feeling.
7) What is your bedtime routine?
I take a shower, brush and floss my teeth, check the doors, cuddle with the kids, read, think about the day.
8) If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
In college. I met my husband my first day on campus.
9) If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
A choreographer or a movie maker.
10) What kinds of books do you read?
Lots of fiction: literary, middle grade, YA. Some memoirs.
11) How would you see yourself in ten years time?
On the outside, not many changes. I do hope that inside, I will be closer to my dream of being a much calmer and wiser and more compassionate person.
12) What's your fear?
That I will wreck my children's lives by either being ignorant or not disciplined enough to do the right thing by them.
13) Would you give up all the junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit space?
Okay, what do you mean by junk food. Define visit space.
14) Would you rather be single and rich, or married and poor?
Our first years of marriage we were poor, not homeless poor, but under-poverty- line poor. We were lucky in that we knew the situation was temporary. Once we finished grad school, we knew we'd get stable jobs so it's not fair to compare our situation to those who are poor and can see no way out. Those years hold some wonderful memories.
15) What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
I swallow my thyroid pill, wake up the kids, and have breakfast with them.
16) If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner, what would it be?
I learned early on this is not something to even consider.
17) If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I did try to pick a new name, a name that doesn't require me to spell over the phone to the pizza delivery guy. I still haven't come up with anything.
18) Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
Forgiving is something I will decide to do, over and over for a single thing if necessary. Forgetting is not something within my control.
19) If you could only eat one thing for the next six months, what would it be?
This question came up over the weekend and the word that came out of my mouth was "nuts!" I thought I'd say chocolates.
The rule about being tagged is that I have to tag four other people. I have decided to tag my newest followers. Thank you for checking out my blog. Hope this will help me get to know you better!
J. B. Chicoine