Monday, July 14, 2008

A perfect day


Our little town hosted its very own Jazz fest over the weekend. My family and I spent almost an entire Saturday at the festival. The weather couldn't be better: high 70s, low 80s, even in the afternoon, with a soft breeze. Nearby, there was a table for children to paint or draw, (my daughter spent most of her time there), a playground, and percussion instruments set up (my son spent his time running between the drums and the playground, and occasionally listening to the music.) My husband and I sat in the shade of oak trees and listened to all types of jazz: Latin, swing, R&B, Blues, and regular straight-ahead jazz. For dinner, we ate on a rooftop restaurant, listening a solo guitarist and vocalist.

I was amazed we were able to draw bands of such a high caliber, and as I mentioned, the weather was as close to perfect as it can get. Future Jazz fest will never be this good because how on earth do we order up the same weather?

Great music, perfect weather, time with the family, the luxury of being able to take a day off: life can't get much better than this.

No comments: