Monday, May 16, 2011

May Mayhem


May! Mother's Day! Spring! Flowers!

Lovely time of the year no? Well,except for some unexpected events. (But really, when are bad things really anticipated?) A couple of weeks ago, my computer crashed. So thankful for a husband who is highly tech-savvy. He set me up with a laptop, retrieved all the important information, and even resurrected the dead beast. Because it is 8-years old however, we decided to buy a new computer.

The car started to knock. Klonk, klonk, klonkity klonk = ka-ching, ka-ching.

Then, after not needing to go to the doctors' for almost two years for the kiddos, we've ended up going there four times in as many weeks, for weird hives, strange stomach ailments, and a freaky fall into a cellar.

Rains, pours.

Not everything has gone bad, thank goodness. The YA novel I'm working on tight now is moving along smoothly on a path that is working well. I am still over the moon with what's happening to my middle-grade novel. Both kiddos and I found new books to devour. And the sun is shining, after four consecutive rainy/snowy/ overcast days.

May! Spring! Flowers!

2 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

As you have noticed, there is a bright side. Rains, pours, but the sun does shine eventually.

Davin Malasarn said...

Wow, Yat-Yee, you've been dealing with a lot! I hope things calm down for you now, and I'm still thrilled for you over KC!