Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hello, old friend

I have had the most frustrating few weeks of reading. None of the books that I started compelled me to continue.

It is not unusual to read a few chapters of a book and decide not to pursue it, but 5 books in a row?  Well, actually, Book #2 held promise and I read more than half of it. But the original reason that drew me--the distinctive voice--became grating. In fact, the voice and its cleverness took front and center. I had no idea who the narrator is because his inner thoughts and actions don't fit. The worst is that for a mystery, I had no idea what the actual mystery is

Exasperating.

Then a friend mentioned a book she loved and I remember enjoying it as well. I even recall a particular description even though it had been a few years since I'd read it. Something else tugged at me at the mention of this book.

I dug out my copy of Broken For You.

Re-reading it is like meeting an old friend.


I am curious to find out if I'll lose interest or find that I'm such a different reader now than I was that I no longer like it. Or if I will discover new things to love.

Will keep you posted.


No comments: