Saturday, January 3, 2009

Topics for the new year


A year has gone by; mistakes were made, experiments failed, and roads not taken.

But as we flip over the calendar, our eyes focus on the future, our minds on possibilities. A new year: I can smell the optimism in the air.


I will start off this year on this blog by exploring the topics of fear, habits, and excellence, topics I've been mulling over, not specifically for writing per se, but whose relevance is significant.

Hope you'll check back as I explore some of these ideas.

(Broken pencil by Finance Image Library, winding road by Matthew McVickar, filtering hopes by Paras from Creative Commons.)

5 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Happy New year, Yat-Yee. I look forward to reading your blog in '09.

Yat-Yee said...

Thanks, Corey. I'm facing the problem of distilling my thoughts into blog posts of reasonable lengths!

Christina said...

I love the visuals in this post--especially the sky phot. Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing.

Yat-Yee said...

Hi Fiddler: your comment nudged me to double check on the rights issue on Creative Commons. I've now added attribution. Thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.