Welcome to my party! Remember, it lasts all week, so please come back again and often.
Everyday this week, I will post a quote that resonates with me in my writing journey. I'll start off today with:
If you only reach one person with your art, you will have succeeded.
I am sure this idea is not original to my mother, but when she said it to me in my first year in music school as I lamented the fact that only very few people came to the lunch-hour recital series that I performed in, it made a huge impact. My focus has shifted from music to writing, but the thought is still very much relevant.
And now the contest. Some rules:
- You may enter every day, but only once a day.
- Because I am a poor unpublished writer, I am limiting the contestants to those who live in the continental US so I don't go broke with postage.
- I want my parents and children to read this blog so it is rated G.
- Some days I may run two contests and if you fulfill the requirements for both contests, your name will be entered in both.
- Limit yourselves to two drinks at the party (note the poor unpublished author info above.)
- Any other rules I realize later that I need. (How's that for covering all my bases?)
Let the games begin!
Quick, give me a famous movie line.
Show me the money!
If you build it, they will come.
I'm not being ignored, am I?
The station is now the ultimate power in the universe.
I'd never hurt you, Margaret.
You talkin' to me?
Most people can spout off line after line of movie quotes. (Incidentally, the person who identifies all the movie quotes will be entered into a different book giveaway, and you may enter both contests if you wish.)
So, the contest is:
Quick, give me a memorable line from a book, any book, and remember to keep it G-rated. Tell me the book title, and if you choose, why that line is the first one that popped into your head.
Leave your answers in the comments section and make sure you leave me a way to contact you electronically.
Party on, Garth.