Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Catchy siblings


Instead of writing my own posts these past few days, I've been participating in a couple of interesting conversations at other blogs. The first is over at The Literary Lab, where Davin Malasarn declares his desire to write catchy, thanks to Black Eyed Peas.

Then, over at the Tollbooth, Stephanie Greene discusses the unusual topic of siblings--The Boxcar Children, the March sisters, the Penderwicks--and dead mothers.

And while I am posting links, here's one to one of the most informative and inspirational author posts at the Shrinking VIolets by Maggie Stiefvater. Even if you're not an introvert (or if you like shoe shopping, or if you don't name your cars), I think you're going to find what she says helpful.

4 comments:

MG Higgins said...

Thanks for the links. I'm a certified, card-holding introvert and I think Shrinking Violets is perfect for me.

Yat-Yee said...

Yes! You should definitely go check it out. It's a great community over there.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Wow, I really enjoy Shrinking Violets and that great interview. Thanks for the rec.

Kelly H-Y said...

Thanks so much for the links ... I'll go check them out!