How to execute an awesome kick.
On a regular basis, spend time practicing exercises that will:
As you kick, you need to:
- stand on a solid sole
- keep your eyes on the target
- be intentional
How to write an awesome story:
On a regular basis, spend time to:
- develop an intuitive sense by reading tons
- strengthen the appropriate muscles by writing tons
- learn the proper technique by reading and writing and getting feedback from trusted sources
- stand on a solid sole, rely on the foundation you've laid by reading, observing, writing, analyzing, absorbing;
- keep your eye on the target, remember why you're writing: whether to understand, to communicate, to express, to resolve, to entertain, to engage;
- be intentional, don't get sidetracked;
- commit your time, energy, effort;
- yell! um....
My post comparing gardening to writing received some wonderful responses. Perhaps it's because many of us find that most things in life are related and similar: gardening, writing, playing. Observations we make in one area are very likely to be true in other areas of life. When I taught piano, I drove my students batty by constantly comparing playing the piano to brushing and flossing their teeth.
So, as much as I learn from gardening, I also learn from TKD, or making curries. or relating to my children...