Wednesday, January 27, 2010

iPad, what else?


Dreamy, easily persuaded, excited-about-new-possibilities Yat-Yee:

I drool.


Practical, stingy, cynical, waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop Yat-Yee:

Let those crazy early-adopters find out all the flaws and work out the kinks.


Always-with-the-questions Yat Yee:

Why is the iBook application so late in the demo and so short? And couldn't they just have something cool for the bookworm without having to appease the gamers and the music video maniacs?

6 comments:

kah said...

I'm not a big touch screen fan. I love my Kindle. And am staying faithful for the time being. :)

Yat-Yee said...

Karen: I don't have any e-readers yet. I am still very much an old fashioned reader, but I know the time will come--very soon--when I'll probably buy an e-reader of some sort. Don't know which one yet, though.

Annie Louden said...

It's not meant to be just an e-reader. It's basically a slick laptop with touch-screen capabilities and ease-of-use re: programs and apps.

I already have a netbook and a smartphone, so I don't want an iPad. (Did they really name it that?)

I think the point is to have a device that does everything. That way instead of having a laptop, an mp3 player, an e-reader, and a hand-held video game console, you can just get a tablet computer.

But yeah, real books for me! I like them in my hands and on my shelves.

Bish Denham said...

I am such a dinosaur...LOL!

Nandini said...

My kids love the hubby's iphone and I can just see them using the ipad. Me? Not so much ... yet.

Yat-Yee said...

Annie: Yes, they did name it iPad! You're right, it's not just an e-reader, more like a giant iPhone.

Bish: speaking of dinosaur, my phone is the same one I've had for six+ years!

Nandini: I love my books, but who knows, maybe one of these gizmos may actually turn me over to the dark side!