Monday, March 8, 2010

Grab-A-Line Monday


I am not sure why I allowed GALM to escape me last week, since some wonderful things had happened the week before. What are these wonderful things, you ask? Well, let me tell ya! First, I had a new contributor to GALM:
Tabitha!

She quoted from The Adoration of Jenna Fox:
[In looking up the link, I came across the book trailer for the first time. I am intrigued!]

I used to be someone.
Someone named Jenna Fox.
That's what they tell me. But I am more than a name.

Welcome, Tabitha, and hope you'll drop by again soon!

Second,
MG Higgins offered a quote she read from a book recommended by another of my blogging friends, Bish, via GALM. Love it that this happened!

The line is from The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo:

Below him were the twisting, turning cobblestoned streets, the small shops with their crooked tiled roofs, and the pigeons who forever perched atop them, singing sad songs that did not quite begin and never truly ended.

And the third wonderful thing is that my friend, Nandini, who has been so supportive, continued to drop by and offered a passage that made an impression on her. It is The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner.

He put down his pen and listened. He was a soldier as well as a scholar, and he was not unfamiliar with the sound of men screaming.

I have something that made me laugh from The Alchemyst: The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott:

"Maybe they're Mafia," Elle suggested dramatically. "My dad knows someone in the Maifa. But he drives a Prius," she added.

What caught you this week?

6 comments:

Tana said...

Loved the quotes!

Bish Denham said...

Great quotes! I'm glad someone else is reading The Magician's Elephant

Yat-Yee said...

Glad you liked the quotes, and Bish: thanks for sharing what you enjoyed and getting someone else to enjoy it too!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

"We believe our universe may be a small part of something vast--we're one house in a cosmic subdivision of houses all right next to each other. If only we could just pop in to see the neighbors, easy as opening the front door."-- GOING BOVINE, Libba Bray

Yat-Yee said...

Tricia: what a great quote. I'm going to have to bump Going Bovine up on my TBR pile.

MG Higgins said...

This caught my eye in Inkspell (Cornelia Funke):

But as soon as she tried to make something new of them, a story with a life of its own, her mind went blank. The words seemed to fly out of her head --like snowflakes leaving only a damp patch on your skin when you put out your hand to catch them.