Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wish I were a more productive multi tasker


Some weeks I spend a lot of time blogging: writing posts, visiting my favorite blogs, and participating in discussions.

This hasn't been one of those weeks. I've missed my own Grab-A-Line Monday post--I promise I'll be back next week!--and have not m
ustered up enough energy to compose comments on the blogs that I have been reading.

One reason: I'm gearing up for my TKD belt testing and am particularly nervous right now because I couldn't practice last week due to sickness and now I worry about my endurance and balance. (Honestly, Sir, my balance is off purely because of the migraine headaches!)

And the better reason is: I've been able to restart my writing flow again. My WIP has been neglected for a few weeks because I've gone back to my first novel, to polish it (for the 179th time!) I don't know how other writers work, but when I concentrate on one type of work: revising/editing, I can't seem to switch my mind to other types, say writing new scenes or journalistic articles (my Examiner.com gig is suffering as well.)

Now that I am able to tap into the write-new-work mindset, I am going to ride it. Blogging and commenting and supporting my fellow bloggers will have to take a back seat, but I hope you understand.



[17/365 Furiously Writing by Vinni123; Writing=Breathing by Joe in DC. Both found on Flickr Commons]


6 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I certainly understand! I haven't been commenting everywhere I'd like, but I'm trying. I just need to go finish my synopsis now.

lotusgirl said...

I would say I haven't had enough experience trying to switch back and forth. I tend to work on one thing and then move on. I can go back and edit while I'm working on something else, but so far that's all I've done.

Bish Denham said...

I tend to only be able to work on one thing at a time. As for reading and commenting on all these wonderful blogs...it simply can't be done and work on writing to sell something at the same time. At least I can't do it.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Glad to hear you're riding the writing wave. Really, you must take it when it comes. And best wishes for the TKD test.

Cheryl Reif said...

That's exactly the way I am--I have a terrible time switching back and forth between projects, much less writing types. Once I start something for the day, I tend to obsess about it until my kids drag me away. But I'm so glad you're riding the writing wave! Enjoy it :).

Sherrie Petersen said...

I've been in the same boat. Now that I have a deadline every week to turn in pages, I'm finding that I have a lot less blogging time. Imagine that! Hope the TKD test goes well!