Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ah! Air


Sputter and start. Stop. Sputter. Start.

Two unplanned interruptions on the first day. One on the second day.

One overcooked steak. Two undercooked pork-chops.

Sputter. Start. Stop.

Swim lessons signed up just before classes filled.

Start. Write. Write. Forget time. Late to pick kids up from first day of camp.

A spectacular summer night lightning show that went on for a couple of hours. Followed by rain and tornado warning. Decisions to let kids sleep or bundle into the basement. Basement won. Rain stopped five minutes later.

Write. Think. Write. Backspace. Plan. Write. Delete. Read.

Resist temptation to read email, check facebook, write blog posts.

Two out of three.

Back to work.

4 comments:

Sherrie Petersen said...

My day one went well.

My day two was nonexistent. I only just turned on my computer 30 minutes ago! Oh, well. There's always tomorrow!

Laura Atkins said...

Thanks for the blog visit, and nice to meet you electronically! I'll keep an eye this way, when I can.

Suzanne Casamento said...

Great entry. I love the staccato feeling of it all.

You may not think so, but you're doing great!

Yat-Yee said...

Thanks!