Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Can't sit still to write? Get your carpets cleaned


I was getting all stressed out about life intruding on my writing: the weeds that exploded in my garden due to the unusually wet spring; the soil on one side of the house that needs to be re-graded; the carpets that need to be cleaned etc.

The carpet cleaner came today, and I was cordoned off in the kitchen, which has wood floors. I couldn't step onto the carpet as it's being vacuumed and spot-treated and shampooed and deodorized and sanitized and scotch-guarded.


[Linear by D'Arcy Norman]


So I wrote. Seven pages, long hand.

Life is good. It provides opportunities when I least expect them.

5 comments:

Suzanne Casamento said...

Nice work! Good for you for seizing the opportnity?

Sherrie Petersen said...

Cool!
Only we don't have any carpet. My husband ripped it all out and put in wood. I'd have trick myself another way :)

tanita✿davis said...

Longhand can be a beautiful thing. I took a week off from media last week and we were in a cabin with no tv, no radio, no music, limited computer access (which we only used to check in for our flight home) and I wrote in a notebook.

Admittedly not very much.

It was hard. It's a really, REALLY good exercise. Go, you.

Jewel Allen said...

Seven pages longhand? Good job. Sometimes moving around gets the creative juices flowing.

Clean carpet is a nice bonus, too. :-)

Found you through Suzanne C.

Yat-Yee said...

I love my computer and my early-adopter husband keeps me up with the times, but writing long hand is something I do cherish. Not the most efficient, but it makes me feel connected to my writing forerunners, or something like that.

Sherrie: I don't like carpets but replacing all of it is prohibitively expensive.

Pink Ink: Hi! Glad you dropped by. I just found Suzanne C!