Monday, June 1, 2009

This is your life

After two weeks of traveling, reunions, and sleep deprivation, I am now back to packing school lunches, pulling weeds, and hyper-miling on familiar routes. The mundane, the necessary, the ordinary.

When I was preparing for the trip, I was worried about the upheaval of my routine, about losing my daily flow. Now that I am back, I miss the unexpected, the dramatic, the heightened emotional state.

Real life, filled with contradictions and opposites.


Contradictions by Marcin Wichary on Flikr

As a writer, I need both. I hope I will make full use of the emotions and experiences I've had these past weeks.

The clock on my computer says 9:42 a.m., my body says it's close to midnight and time to sleep. Where is that second cup of coffee?


coffee by Kwerfeldein on Flickr

3 comments:

Casey Something said...

It's already 11 here and I feel like I need more coffee.

It's just one of those days.

Writers have some of the best attitudes about life. We can appreciate each experience for what it might add to our writing - good and bad.

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, I am usually so happy to return home to a "normal' routine :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

I love being away, but I'm always happy to get back home.